Friday, December 14, 2007

MOM OF 3 STRUCK BY CAR

So, I am trying to walk more in the neighborhood. By that I mean, walking to do errands rather than drive. Yes, it takes a bit more time, but has many benefits – forces you to slow down your pace of life, gives you a breath of fresh air, and role-models exercise. One example is I’ve been walking to pick up my twin boys for their after-school classes rather than drive. It’s about one mile, maybe a little less using the back door neighbor’s house to cut through. But, then I heard of a single mom of three in Portland Oregon killed by a car while walking. Now, I’m pushing for sidewalks in my suburban West Linn. . .


- Cornelia Seigneur aka Nellie

www.writermom.net

www.myspace.com/corneliaseigneur
www.writermom5kids.blogspot.com

-

No comments:

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea
Hidden Lake

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS
Cousins bicycling at Champeog Park

My Blog List