Thursday, August 9, 2007

IT’S CALLED THE OFF BUTTON

On Tuesday, my identical twin boys, age 9, played with a friend of theirs who was “grounded from all screens,” as he called it, and I thought, kudos to his mom for having the discipline to take away electronics. . .Later that night, my 17-year-old daughter comes to me and says, “Mom, I want to take the twins’ DS's and X-Box and Gameboys away, they are getting way too addicted. Let’s hide them until. . . Christmas. . .and I will not give in like you always do.” She could be the next Super Nanny on the reality TV show.
I always talk about the importance of kids playing outside, and parents being strong enough to insist kids turn off their electronics. But I get weak at times as electronics I confess keep the boys quiet for a moment or too. . .but my daughter is my conscience.
Let’s see how long I last.
My daughter though grins at me: “Mom, I am not giving in.”

No comments:

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea
Hidden Lake

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS
Cousins bicycling at Champeog Park

My Blog List