Tuesday, September 4, 2007

BACK TO MAKING SCHOOL LUNCHES. . .AND remember DADS

This morning was the first day back at school for my four school age children and so I was up at 5:30 to make breakfast [well coffee for me first] -- and then it's to baking crepes. . .I like to indulge the kids in German crepes with lemon and powder sugar on the first day of school, a tradition. Then it's assembly line fashion creating lunches. . .each child has a different wish. Micki likes turkey with cheese, on rye, Wesley prefers peanut butter and jelly on Potatoe Bread, Ryan orders ham on white and there is mayo and mustard and lettuce to add to the sandwiches and Rachel, well any veggies and fruit and yogurt will do, though she often makes hers the night before. Then it's juice boxes and chips and pudding and fruit roll ups, grapes, and water bottles filled and napkins and spoons and granola bar and rice crispy treats. Man, these kids better not think this will be every day like this, just the first day splurge -- I want my kids to look forward to lunch, something from home, from their mom. . .I remember being a kid and thinking about lunch all day - between reading writing 'rithmatic and so I want my children to have good memories of school lunches, especially this first day monument.This morning I was also thinking of my husband as I used to make his lunches, a long long time ago , before kids went to school, but now he fends for himself, poor guy. But, but this morning, I had all these supplies out for sandwiches and I thought, let me surprise Chris and make his lunch and so I did, and he was shocked, sure enough. . .I am not promising anything tomorrow. . . stay tuned. . .

Cornelia Seigneur
www.writermom.net

No comments:

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea

CampingHikingLakeWenatcheeArea
Hidden Lake

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE WITH KIDS
Cousins bicycling at Champeog Park

My Blog List